Friday, June 10, 2005

:(

from the desert to the mountain top and back again. missing my girl friends. got a letter from one of them yesterday. made me ball my eyes out…knew it would…why did I so desperately want to read it?

one month ago…the mountain top…i remember…

called up an old, old friend on sunday night. it felt so good to speak to her…so good that I drove to bunbury to catch up face to face…there’s nothing like real human contact. i've never been good at the long distance thing.

the drive itself brought me back to life (in a strange superficial way). cranked up the music, skulled the V, opened the window and charged though the pouring rain…arrrhhhh…to be young and free…

and the next day…the ocean was alive, the rain poured, the thunder crashed. awe, beauty, fear…all at once. waiting to exhale…alive…really alive. a day forever etched in my mind.

and now i’m back home, back in the ‘real’ world. I have about 40 hours worked to do over the next three days (because I didn’t do any last weekend). i miss my friends. i miss my friend.
charlie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

charlie you bring tears to my eyes. i wish i could be there to hugs you and cry with you and laugh with you. i am thinking of you in this beautiful place, you are everywhere i look. God is everywhere i look. no-one here really understands like you do. i have so many photos i want to share with you. so may places you would love to sit. Love you.
remember charlie faith and grace