Saturday, August 18, 2007

Bushwalking in D'Entrecasteaux




Spent last week bushwalking on the Bibbulmun Track from Inlet River Rd to Walpole on the south coast. Overnighted in three of the track huts; Woolbales, Long Point & Mt Clare. Highlights included wading through flooded track sections (sometimes up to knee deep); running from the rain at long point and climbing Mt Clare through the tingle & karri forest. It was an awesome walk with my two compadres. Watching the landscape change from jarrah forest to coastal dunes back to forest again was fascinating and the plenty of wet sections as well as river/creek crossings kept the walk interesting.
I've definitely whetted my appetite for walking in the region. We skirted the Nuyts Wilderness Area which i think will definitely be worth an exploratory hike sometime in the not too distant future...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you blog entry biatiful

Vawz said...

I am with him...her...who ever that is!
I think this is a worthy place to baptise my new hilking shoes...that are just a bit too small for me!
Thanks for the snaps Case!